It is extremely important to choose the right board for your child’s education. Mostly parents prefer one of these two boards for their child’s education, ICSE or CBSE. Isn’t it important to first have a look at the pros and cons of each of these education systems and evaluate accordingly that what is best for your child? There are numerous pros and cons of ICSE and CBSE.
- To choose between ICSE and CBSE is a tough decision for both the parents and the students. A lot of times students regret choosing a different board rather than the one they are really interested in.
- The parents' responsibility is paramount here. They will have to make some tough decisions. We are here to help you. We will present you with the pros and cons of both the education system so that you will have an idea about what is best for your child.
What is ICSE and CBSE Board?
- Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) is governed by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE). CISCE is a non-government-private board. ICSE is an examination conducted for class X and Indian School Certificate for class XII.
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is managed and controlled by the Union Government of India. CBSE is a national level education board for private and government schools.
Pros and Cons of ICSE and CBSE
- The certification of Indian Certificate of Secondary Education is highly recognized all over the world. It is well known in foreign countries.
- In the ICSE board, more importance is given to the English language and hence, the students of ICSE have a bit more advantage in exams like IELTS and TOEFL.
- The syllabus of ICSE can be said to be complete. It covers all the fields and gives equal importance to each.
- Students who want to pursue a career in humanities and management will find the syllabus very interesting and helpful.
- Students are given much freedom to choose specific subjects.
- The students from ICSE have an edge in different examinations and especially in English related exams. The students can take up English literature or language.
- Students will experience that the syllabus is too much for them. There will be 13 subjects per examination in class 6 and that can exhaust the student.
- All the competitive exams after class 12 in India are not covered under the ICSE syllabus. The competitive exams are according to the syllabus of CBSE and not ICSE.
- All the competitive exams after class 12 like JEE, AIPMT, AIEEE are according to the syllabus of CBSE.
- The syllabus of CBSE is easier than other boards. The syllabus is more compact and well structured. The syllabus is less and it will not burden the child.
- CBSE schools are quite popular in India. You will easily find a CBSE school in any city.
- CBSE syllabus gives more importance to science and mathematics. But the board also balances well between arts, humanities, and science.
- The certification provided by CBSE is well recognized by colleges and universities throughout the country.
- CBSE conducts many talent search examinations and it gives a lot of scholarship opportunities.
- CBSE gives more importance to science and not much in the English language as ICSE. The board also does not give much practical knowledge to the students. As said, core English subjects are given less importance.
- Although the syllabus is well structured and it has all the elements but it still dealt with theoretical knowledge. CBSE lacks the real-life concepts that should be taught to the students. The effectiveness of the course will increase if this issue is sorted.
Similarities between CBSE and ICSE
- Both the education system is accepted and recognized by the colleges and universities in India.
- The teaching system of both the boards is of good quality. They believe in imparting essential knowledge to the students.
- The syllabus and course are different in both the system but it has the same main subjects.
- The selection of the board is definitely tough for parents. Their one decision can make their child’s future. Parents should look at the pros and cons carefully and evaluate accordingly what do they want their child to do.
For more information please visit our website: Dev Lulla Sir’s Lulla Classes
Dev Lulla Sir’s Lulla Classes in Vadodara is the best coaching institute in the city. We understand the misery of the parents. We provide coaching to students and help them achieve excellence in the main subjects and also in other subjects. Lulla classes strike the right balance in a student’s educational life by providing them with overall knowledge. Every parent wants the future of their child to be bright and that they are surrounded by people who are good for their overall development.