If you dream of becoming a doctor, then aiming for the MBBS course is quite evident. But due to the immense competition for the MBBS seats in our country, there are a number of MBBS aspirants who fail to grab a seat. In most of such cases, it has been observed that the students prepare for another time and sit for the exam in the coming year. Many of them grab a seat in their second attempt but there many students who fail the second time as well. They aspire to be associated with this field and hence their continuous attempts for the MBBS course.
But in this regard, trying and failing for consecutive years won’t work. Instead it would be a very good idea pursue other courses in the medical stream which have gained a lot of popularity in the recent times owning their huge scope. Most importantly, the wish of being associated to the same filed can also be fulfilled here as well. So, you need not worry at all, since there is simply a lot apart from MBBS which are as discussed below.
Medical filed or medicine is another of the very important career option for science stream students who aspire to be doctors. Studying in this field would not only help the aspirants to be in the same field of their choice but also have a great future ahead. The students who opt for PCB / PCMB subject combination is their higher secondary can opt for medical courses at the graduate as well as in the post-graduate level. At the graduate level, apart from MBBS, which is the most popular medical course, the students can also easily opt for undergraduate medical courses which are as follows.
- BDS (Dental) – A course in dental science is for the dental doctors or surgeons
- BAMS (Ayurveda) – A course in Ayurvedic science which is the one of the most popular forms of alternate medicine opens scope for an Ayurvedic doctor
- BHMS (Homeopathy) – Another great form of alternate medicine so a course in Homeopathy would be ideal for becoming a homeopathic doctor
- B. Pharm (Pharmacy) – A course in pharmacy gives you detailed ideas about the compositions of medicines
- BPT (Physiotherapy) – A course in physiotherapy that helps you to become a physiotherapist
- BUMS (Unani Medicine) – Another major course in alternate medicine
- BASLP (Audiology and Speech-Language Therapy) – A course that helps you to conduct speech therapy and audiology especially for the challenged individuals
Bachelor’s Degree Courses for Medical Group Students
Just like the Mathematics group students, even the students of the Biology group who are not interested in taking up MBBS or medical specializations or did not get a chance of pursuing the same can opt for Bachelor degree level programmes. These programmes are available with a wide range of subject specialization that can help the students in exploring the subject in detail. In an addition to this, some of the Bachelor’s Degree Courses, are of great importance since the individuals pursuing these courses need to help the MBBS doctors in course of their treatment. So, taking up these courses can fulfil your dreams of becoming a doctor and pursuing a career in this filed. After the completion of the course, you can opt for further research, take up teaching or be closely associated with a doctor or any other medical institutions. Some of the popular Bachelor’s Degree courses for medical group students are as follows.
- B.Sc. Biochemistry
- B.Sc. Biology
- B.Sc. Environmental Science
- B.Sc. Biotechnology
- B.Sc. Nursing
- B.Sc. Occupational Therapy
- B.Sc. Physiotherapy
- B.Sc. Radiology
- B.Sc. Bioinformatics
- B.Sc. Anthropology
- B.Sc. Microbiology
- B.Sc. Zoology
- B.Sc. Forensic Science
- B.Sc. Agriculture
- B.Sc. Pathology
All of these courses can be pursued by the aspirants who wish to take up a career in medicine but have not opted for MBBS course or have not secured a seat in the same. If you wish to gather more information on the same, connect with Dev Sir’s Lulla Classes our councillors will guide you.